Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Independent Component 2


LITERAL
(a) I, Jacqueline Gaeta, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

(b) MyFitnessPal and Blogilates

(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   

(d) Throughout the course of these last 3 months, 2 fellow classmates and I created an initiative to workout and eat clean everyday. I restricted the amounts of sweets we had and denied any soda for the duration of the three months. The real goal was to get us all to take a step back and take a look at exactly what we are putting into our bodies, therefore the myfitnesspal.com app was of great help, the three of us would write in our food diary daily which helped keep us focus. Also adding physical activity to our daily routine which made not only a difference in our health but in our state of mind.

INTERPRETIVE 

With keeping track of our food diary we eventually started making better food choices and added workouts that would create more calories being burned than imputed to our bodies, eventually we felt better, stronger and happier with ourselves and our lives.
Here is an example of a day in our life (food edition)

APPLIED
This component helped me answer my essential question because it was much more difficult to stay focused this time around and I feel that this component has helped me answer the question of how does one exactly lack motivation? Why do people quit? What do the results do to your mind? etc. I have learned the ups and downs of this topic and feel that with this component I can relate a lot more to my audience, an audience that has a million things going on in their lives they feel they don't have time to think about their health.

No comments:

Post a Comment