Monday, April 28, 2014

Exit Interview


(1) What is your essential question and answers?  What is your best answer and why?

What is the best way a young adult female can obtain an 18-20% body fat?
1)By maintaining a diet consisting of 50%carbohydrates, 30% protein, and 20% fat while limiting sodium intake.
2)Have a physically active lifestyle which contains a mixture of strength training and cardio
3)Counting calories through a basic energy expenditure equation.
My best answer is my first, because you may work out all you like, and eat as little as you may "think" is helpful towards losing weight but at the end of the day if you want to slim down the key to a low body fat is the quality of nutrition you intake.

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?

I went through a 10 week Nutrition course at Cal Poly Pomona where an expert in the field was my very knowledgeable professor.

(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?

I myself had to practice what I preached. I would present on how bad donuts were for you and then must show my fellow classmates that I believe in what I say,which more often than not meant I had to give them up. In order to not drive myself insane I'd take a bite of such indulgent foods if I felt like I really needed to and then gave it away in order to fulfill my satisfactional needs and not get any harm to hit my body.

(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
My professor Golandam Khayef at Cal Poly Pomona was so intelligent, I really looked up to her because she made the material seem like common sense and she would give honest answers, if she didn't know something , which was rare, she would figure it out for us by the next class. My second most significant source would have to be Cassey Ho, the resources she would have available on her videos and website really helped me get some valuable information on fitness.
I understand one was someone I worked with closely for 10 weeks and the other is an internet role model but these 2 ladies have truly extended my knowledge on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment